The Cheney Brothers National Historic District Commission
Announcing Manchester’s Eighth Annual Historic Preservation Awards Program
To sustain the village charm of Manchester, we would like to encourage and reward property owners to improve their property while preserving its historic character. This work would enhance the present and preserve the future of our town. We invite you to participate in our Eighth Annual Historic Preservation Awards Program.
1. Improvements made to the nominated property should display a sincere effort by the property owner to preserve or restore the original architectural character and neighborhood setting of the exterior of a structure. Landscape improvements will also be considered.
2. Said property must be located within the Town of Manchester.
3. Nominated property should have been constructed prior to 1945.
4. Improvements for which the property is being nominated should have been completed between March 1, 2005 - March 31, 2008.
5. Nominations may be submitted by either the property owner or by another party.
Complete the nomination form and mail to:
Leslie Frey, Chrmn.
Manchester Cheney Historic Preservation Award
30 Florence St
Manchester, CT 06040
Nominations must be received no later than April 15, 2008. All properties entered will be reviewed and voted on by a panel of judges. Awards will be presented during National Preservation Month on Thursday May 15, 2008 at 5:00 pm at the Lincoln Center Hearing Room.